Let’s learn adjectives that start with Y. There are thousands of adjectives and it is really easy to remember if we learn it along with proper explanations. In addition, we have captured, a detailed list of Adjectives that Start With Y to describe a Person Positively, negative adjectives, and many more.
In this article, we will explain a detailed list of adjective that starts with Y.
Adjectives that Start with Y
Adjectives are some of the most useful words of the English language. They help us qualify the noun better and express ourselves better. But since there are so many adjectives, it is very difficult to remember all of them.
This is why we have come up with a series of posts that will help you learn and remember all the adjectives in alphabetical order. This series of posts will help you remember all the important adjectives you need for your daily conversation.
Now, we know that memorizing words without knowing the meaning of them, can be a challenge. While most of these adjectives are nothing but known words to you, some of them might still be unknown.
This is why I have mentioned the meaning of such words, and I have mentioned some examples as well. They will help you understand the context as well so that you can use them contextually without making grammatical errors.
So, here is a list of useful Adjectives that start with Y.
Do you want to learn What is Preposition?
List of Adjectives that start with L
Words, especially adjectives starting with Y, can be a bit difficult. But this list can m make things easier. So, let’s get started with making your
Examples of Adjectives that Start with Y
- Yummy: All you need to do is to put the yummy sauce on top of the dish, or you can go for some risotto as well if you fancy something a little hot!
- Yuletide: You remember that time, the weather was hot and sunny and not at all the weather they had associated all their lives with Yuletide.
- Yugoslavian: If we look at the international community, they are also divided over independence for the former Yugoslavian republic.
- Yugoslav: The bombing on civilians continued despite the peace treaty made by the Yugoslav army generals.
- Yucky: The taste of that dish was absolutely yucky, and yet they constantly argued about the quality of the food.
- Yowling: You can see that Mike was absolutely loose on the racetrack, yowling, and but he was very much disappointed with himself as well.
- Youthful: You just can’t deny the youthful experience we have on our side and also the unflinching determination of every individual playing on our team.
- Youth: You must never let your hopes go down against our youth; you can always count on our youth for the future.
- Yours: Time is money, everyone knows that. So, quit wasting time on something stupid and utilize your time wisely while it is still yours.
- Your: Do you wish to become your best friend? Then stop being a coward and go out there and fight for what is rightfully yours.
- Youngling: Do you wish to see your youngling to experience the mystery and oddness of this world around him.
- Youngish: John was very kind, youngish, and a great student at the university. He was loved by everyone.
- Younger: One of the best things about these younger players is that they are always ready to push their limits no matter what the situation is.
- Young: He is young and stupid but then again, what can you expect from someone like him.
- Yonder: He wanted me to follow him and reach the place where they call it the yonder.
- Yon: When you are wise and knowledgeable, you can choose between what is right and what is wrong.
- Yogic: Are you planning to start a new path? Then how about choosing the yogic principle of ahimsa? Will that be okay?
- Yodeling: Whenever he used to sing, he could do the yodeling really well.
- Yippee: My sister was very happy to see the decoration for her birthday. Yippee! she shouted.
- Yielding: Do you remember the low and yielding of that place? And remember how the decoration included a huge abstract oil painting on the longest wall.
- Yiddish: During the winter vacation, all he ever did was to stay back home and read a bunch of books about Yiddish in recent years.
- Yew: Who is that dark figure emerging near the yew hedge towards the front gate?
- Yesterday: He said that he loves you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow.
Rules to use preposition on
Adjectives that Start with Y Categories Based on Nature
Interesting Adjectives that start with Y
- A term used by Southerners for an inhabitant of a northern state in the United States (especially a Union soldier)
- E.g., Look there, can you see that yankee soldier?
- Something very much offensive or that can arouse aversion or disgust
- E.g., That cake there had a very yucky smell
- Something very delicious or has a pleasing sense of taste.
- E.g., My mother can cook a variety of yummy dishes.
Positive Adjectives that start with Y to Describe an Event
- Something that lasts through a year.
- E.g., Are you going to attend that yearlong course?
- Something that occurs every year.
- E.g., He is sitting for his yearly medical examinations
- Something highly creative.
- E.g., The concert was a yeasty show.
Positive Adjectives to Describe a Place
- Something staying at a distant but within sight.
- E.g., Look at the yon valley.
- Someone in his/her early stage of life.
- E.g., Mike is a young child.
Negative Adjectives to Describe a Person
- Someone showing lack of attention or boredom.
- E.g., After the show, all I could see was a yawning audience.
- Someone wanting to give in or surrender or agree.
- E.g., The soldiers were too yielding to make a stand before the enemy.
- Someone who lacks refinement or grace.
- E.g., Some say that he was a yokelish youth.
Negative Adjective that Starts with Y to Describe a Place
- Yellowed: Something being changed to a yellowish color by age.
- E.g., He started reading a few lines from a yellowed parchment.
Sporty Adjective that Starts with Y
- Yogic: Something having a relation with yoga.
- E.g., Every morning he used to practice yogic exercises.
Romantic Adjective that Starts with Y
- Youthful: something that suggests of youth; vigor and freshness.
- E.g., Have you looked at his youthful skin?
Shortest Adjective that Starts with Y
- Related to crops, the one harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity.
- E.g., I never liked young corn
- Something that relates to the language or culture of the Yuma people.
- E.g., I heard that he could speak the yuman language.
- A loud or vehement outcry.
- E.g., That man always had this habit of yelling his words of encouragement to players during the team meeting.
Longest Adjectives that Start with Y
- Something that relates to the characteristic of the former country of Yugoslavia or its people or languages.
- E.g., He was a massive fan of Yugoslavian wine.
- Something that resembles or contains yeast.
- E.g., Do you remember the yeastlike texture of that food?
- Having the color intermediate between green and orange in the color spectrum. It can also refer to the color of an egg yolk.
- E.g., Having a yellowish hue is good sometimes.
- Like or using the manner of William Butler Yeats.
- E.g., Have you been using the yeatsian principle in your poems?
- Something having a yellowish color by age.
- E.g., Do you still have that yellowed plastic tub?
- Having a close relation to yoga.
- E.g., He is doing a wrong yogistic posture.
- Something being somewhat young.
- E.g., Here is a youngish man with long hair.
So, what else would you like to know about the adjectives starting with Y? Let us know in the comments section, and we will surely get back to you. We will get back to you with another list of adjectives starting with a different alphabet.