Are you looking the ways how to be happy! First of all, we must understand the true meaning of happiness. According to you guys, What’s Happiness? You might think that wealth gives happiness or religion gives it or passing in the exams gives happiness.
But no, it’s just one perspective for happiness.
Happiness is a broader term.
Ways How to be Happy
True Meaning of Happiness
Happiness is a sense of joy, well-being, and contentment. Happiness is a kind of feeling or sentiment that each person in the Universe has. Every person has different reasons for being happy. For example, if a person becomes successful in the job, a student passes his exams, a mother becomes happy by giving birth to a child, etc.
Happiness is an emotion that a person feels. Happiness means joy.
How to be Happy and Positive?
Habits matter for happiness. People with bad habits are sadder than the common ones. For example, there’s a family in which the boss of the family, or you can say the father drinks alcohol daily Due to his routine, he will come and always fight with everyone that in turn, destroys the peace of the whole family.
So everyone should include positive habits in their daily routines to achieve happiness. Remember this thing that everyone’s perspective towards happiness is different, so the paths for achieving it will also be different.
Happiness Covers Groups
Happiness covers almost all parts of groups in our lives. It covers the following groups:
- Social life
- Love and relationships
- Family relationships
- And career.
Daily Habits for achieving Happiness
We should always smile whatever the situation is. Doctors have proven that persons who smile more often are the happiest in life. Here’s the scientific reason for it. When we smile, our brain releases a chemical called ‘Dopamine’, which makes us happier.
So we should always carry a smile on our faces. And it does not mean that you carry a plaster of fake smile on your face. You should always smile genuinely from the heart.
You might think that exercise is just good for the body, but that’s not the only thing. Exercise can help you reduce your stress, anxiety, depression, and much more mental health conditions.
The more your mind is stable, the more you feel happy. You can just walk for 15 minutes, or you might do some yoga and cardio. Exercising for 30 minutes per week makes you healthy and fit.
Here are below listed body relaxing exercises and tips-
- The foremost exercise is to walk for half an hour daily. You can do it in the early morning or the evening. The best thing is to walk early in the morning, as in the morning our minds are fresh, also there is less noise and pollution. Doing this boosts up our mood for the whole day.
- You can perform basic yoga poses and stretches like the – Mountain pose(Tadasana), Child’s Pose(Balasana), Cat/Cow pose(Marjaryasana to Bitilasana), Downward facing dog(Adho mukha svanasana) etc.
- Dancing for 15-20 minutes a day would also be a great option. Dancing is also one of the best exercises because our full body is engaged when we dance.
- Cardio could also be a great option for those who want some high-intensity routine.
- And you can also join some aerobic or Zumba classes.
Adequate sleep is vital for good health and emotional well-being. Most adults should sleep 7-8 hours every night. The more your brain gets to rest, the more you stay happy.
If you are having trouble falling asleep, you should adopt different ways for it like lighting a candle, leaving your phone 1 hour before sleep, etc.
Some important tips for better sleep-
- Sleep and wake up at the same time daily.
- Detach yourself from the electronics one hour before your sleep.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal before going to the bed. Always have your dinner before 3 hours to your bedtime.
- Indulge yourself in some breathing exercises or some light yoga.
- Always keep your bedroom dark and quiet. Adjust the room temperature accordingly.
It’s the most important habit that every person should have. We should always be grateful for what we have. We should be thankful for what God has given us and not feel sad or angry for what we don’t have.
It not only makes us happy but also makes us a better person.
Some important points-
- Write about 3 things that you are grateful for.
- Thank God for giving you such a great life.
- Be happy for what you have.
- Always keep a positive attitude. When you have a positive attitude, you will find good things everywhere, which will keep you happy all day.
A journal is a very good way to track your thoughts and control your mind. Before sleeping, just make it a habit of writing about all things you have done in your whole day.
By doing this your mind will stay calmer.
- Maintain a personal diary for yourself. Write about all the things you have done in your day.
- If you want to keep your thoughts more private, there are many diary apps available online. You can just write it over there.
We should always eat right. Include more fibrous foods like fruits and vegetables in your diet over the high-processed foods like sweets and fried food. If you eat right, your mind will stay right.
- Eat slowly, don’t rush in a hurry. Take your time to have your meal.
- While having your meals, don’t watch electronics(like TV, mobile phones, etc).
- Stay away from junk food.
- Have lots of fibrous fruits and green vegetables.
- In place of beverages, consume some healthy juices.
- Stay away from alcohol.
- When you eat right, you will think right.
This is the best way to keep your mind calm. Just sit on your bed or your chair, with your back straight, or just simply lie down and close your eyes.
Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Perform this habit for 5 minutes twice a day.
You can also perform some meditation and other breathing exercises like Pranayam, the 4 7 8 breathing technique, diaphragmatic breathing, etc.
Face Stress Head-on
Life is full of problems and stressors. Make it a habit that you will never run away from your problems. Face them all with a bang-on.
- Whenever you are in difficult situations, don’t get nervous.
- Develop solutions for the problems.
- Don’t let your mind suppress your body.
- Boost up your moods to survive in difficult situations. Always keep yourself ready to face the problems.
Life is never easy for all of us. It always depends upon if we are optimistic or pessimistic.
So when we have a positive attitude also, we will face the problems and if we will try to just prevent them, they can become much heavier for our heads.
Declutter is the process of removing unnecessary items from a particular place. Who likes a messy place either its room or workplace? Messy things make us more stressed. They destroy our moods.
Take an example, your mother comes home after a long holiday and she sees a great mess everywhere inside the house. What will be her reaction? She willes as it will destroy her happy mood for the vacation.
Following are some tips for decluttering-
- Manage 20 minutes every day to clean your house.
- Clean the kitchen.
- Keep important files and papers in some separate safe place.
- Change the setup of your rooms.
Think of it, if everything is in its place, you will not have to spend extra time finding your things, and if it is saving your time for another work, you will have plenty of time for recreation.
That 20 minutes which you will be wasting earlier in reassembling things, you will rest or do some recreational activity.
Friends are always a great asset to our lives. Being alone will always put you down. But when you will have friends, you can share your things and thoughts with them.
A scientific study proves this thing that when a person is not happy or simply stressed, at that time if he talks to his loving ones, his 90% of stress vanishes.
Practice meaningful relationships. It doesn’t matter if you have fewer friends, but it always matters how true the existing ones are.
Nature is a God gift to us. We people just spend time watching TV or using mobile phones. But have we ever thought of nature? No, we do not. We rush to the doctors that we are not feeling good, we are sad, or many more physiological problems.
God has already given a natural remedy for our problems. Plan a vacation to some hill stations or some wildlife parks etc.
Explore the beauty of the flora and fauna. How good it feels when we see different kinds of trees, beautiful waterfalls, birds, mountains, and many more things.
Check a NICE VIDEO from TEDx Talks,
Some other ways for Being Happy
Some other ways to be happy, are listed down:
- Hug someone you love.
- Meditate for 5 minutes every day.
- Practice a new sport.
- Join some dance classes.
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Read your favorite book.
- Go out for a walk.
- Sing loud.
- Stare the Light up some aromatherapy candles.
- Organize a huge party and invite your loving ones.
- Get a pet.
- Start waking up early in the morning.
- Adopt a new hobby.
- Start eating healthier.
- Perform mindful coloring.
- Write down about your dreams and then work on turning them into goals.
- Help someone.
- Call your old friend.
- Clean your house.
- Go out in the sun.
- Maintain a morning journal.
- Help the poor.
- Watch Tv.
- Plan a trip.
- Increase the intake of fruits.
- Start a daily gratitude general.
- Read a new book online.
- Rearrange the furniture of your home.
- Forgive yourself.
- Stay away from toxic people.
- Play with kids.
- Talk to yourself.
- Stay in silence for 10-15 minutes daily.
- Create a self-care routine.
- Practise self-love.
- Chill out with friends.
- Pray to God.
- Work on accepting things.
- Compliment yourself.
- Write about 3 things that make you smile.
- Reduce your phone usage.
- Be kind.
- Be creative.
- Stop worrying about everything.
- Give yourself a gift.
- Drink more water.
- Choose Yoga.
- Change your job.
- Start saving money.
- Find good in bad.
- Write down about how you feel.
- Appreciate your loved ones.
- Don’t hold a grudge.
- Master a skill.
- Build reading habits
- Learn new things.
- Make someone happy.
- Put down your electronics.
- Stop snoozing your alarm.
- Think positive.
- Take time to relax.
- Revive memories.
- Practice positive envy.
- Enjoy little things.
- Take the leadership of your life.
- Listen to soothing music.
- Get a spa.
- Learn to plan your days ahead.
- Eat brain foods like figs, dark chocolate, fish, etc.
- Play sudoku.
- Listen to audiobooks.
Hence, we have got a basic idea of ways how to be happy and healthy in a tough world. In the end, I would like to conclude that happiness is more of an emotion. You should not run for it, rather you should make genuine ways for it. In today’s world, happiness is like a gem to find.
Refer to our few most interesting articles,